Saturday, October 24, 2009

Seven Days...

No, this isn't "The Ring." I mean, seven days until nanowrimo and my life goes down the tubes for a month. The contest starts at midnight on November 1st, so seven nights from tonight. Seven days to back out at the last minute. Seven days to wonder if I can balance this huge project with school and living life normally. Seven days to finish preliminary world-building of my new untitled world. Seven days to finish Socrates and Plato. Quite a lot to do, and the contest hasn't even started yet. I'm sure if I think about this too closely, I'll lose my nerve. But, no, I must resist. I'm going to do this, and it's entirely feasible. November has 30 days, and the goal is 50,000 words by midnight of December 1st. I did the math and determined that if I write 2,000 words a day, I could finish early or on time... provided I run into no plot kinks which I'm sure will happen. Plus, I have the guys on the BotB forum as extra support for advice and such like that, like they did during last year's contest.

On the plus side, the contest is almost here. I drew a map of my world yesterday, and it really got me stoked. I also made a trailer/ slideshow using random Greek pictures, which has also made me excited. I'm ready to get this story started and to try something new. The link to the trailer is:


Probably because of my mad dash to finish a 50,000 word novel (roughly about 90 pages of a word document with 12 font), I won't be posting here very much unless it's an update on my word count or announcing that I passed the 50,000 mark. Now I'm feeling excited again.

No comments:

Post a Comment